- 1st action: chemical action of the impregnating solution RADECOM® which detach the particles from the surface.
- 2nd action: mechanical action of the wipe which removes the detached particles from the surface.
DECPOL RAD® – Radiodecontamination wipesDecontamination
Radiological decontamination wipe designed for the decontamination of surfaces, equipment and skin.
DECPOL RAD® wipes are composed of a 100% viscose non-woven wipe impregnated with RADECOM®, a degreasing solution for radiological decontamination.
They allow manual decontamination of all types of surfaces (smooth or with asperities), equipment and the skin. DECPOL RAD® is the ideal answer in case of radiological contamination:
- Decontaminates surfaces by removal of fixed and labile radiological contaminants
- Does not create over-contamination by spreading, nor redeposition
- The impregnation of the wipe with RADECOM® solution is optimized without generating excess liquid.
- Does not release particles or microfibres on the decontaminated area
Wipe manufactured using a glueless fibre assembly process using high pressure water jets “spunlace”:
- 100% viscose non-woven
- Lint free
- Skin friendly
- Very good wiping and absorption performance
DECPOL RAD® is folded and packed in plastic bags of 10 wipes.
- Shelf life in original packaging: 5 years
- Wipe size: 32 cm x 18 cm
- Storage and use temperature: -21°C / +71°C
- Packaged in waterproof bags of 10 wipes and boxes of 20 bags
- Bag size: 21 x 12,5 x 3 cm
- Incinerable according to current procedures
- Open the bag and take out a wipe without unfolding it
- Methodically scrub the contaminated surfaces, folding the wipe over regularly
- Rinse with clean water if possible.